Akazi muri Abt Associates, Kigali: Imyanya 14 ( DEADLINE: 10/11/2014)
Akazi muri Abt Associates, Kigali: Imyanya 14 ( DEADLINE: 10/11/2014)
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying") Project, which seeks to reduce the burden of malaria in Africa through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, entomological monitoring, and implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS).
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates for the project’s operations in Rwanda. Brief descriptions and qualification requirements for open positions are listed below.
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provides details of their specific qualifications for the desired position to: IRS_Rwanda@abtassoc.com
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying. If you wish to apply for more than one position, please submit separate applications for each position. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday, November 10, 2014.
1. Chief of Party — Provides overall leadership, management, and supervision to the PMI AIRS Project in Rwanda, and acts as the primary liaison between the project and USAID and the government of Rwanda.
Qualification Requirements: Masters Degree (minimum) or a Doctorate Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, or Medicine and 10-15 years of international health experience, with significant experience in malaria prevention and control. At least 5 years of senior management experience in large international health projects/programs. Specific experience with IRS or other malaria control programs and USAID project experience are highly desirable.
2. Country Operations Manager — Provides overall organizational and logistical management for the project’s IRS operations. Oversees the management of warehouses and stores, community mobilization, public communication initiatives, and the planning and execution of spray operations.
Qualification Requirements: Masters Degree in Public Health or Environmental Health, and 8+ years work experience in operations management of development programs, with significant experience in vector control programs. USAID project experience highly desirable.
3. Finance & Administration Manager — Provides leadership and direction for the financial management and administrative support functions of the project. Develops and tracks budgets, manages payroll and vendor relations, and controls all financial transactions and reporting, both for the client and for Abt associates headquarters.
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree (minimum) or a Masters Degree in Business, Administration, Finance, or Accounting and 8+ years of financial and contracts management at large-scale development programs. Experience with USAID-funded projects, and thorough knowledge of US Government contract procedures, are highly desirable.
4. Environmental Compliance Officer — Leads and coordinates efforts to ensure that all project spraying activities are compliant with Rwanda and US environmental regulations. Performs environmental assessments, monitors the handling of insecticides, develops and implements waste management plans, and conducts environmental compliance training.
Qualification Requirements: Masters Degree in Environmental Health or Public Health, and 8+ years of professional experience in environmental health, including insecticide use and management.
5.Entomological Coordinator — Provides leadership and management oversight to all of the project’s entomological surveillance activities and guides key technical strategy decisions based on data analysis and interpretation, while ensuring high levels of environmental compliance and technical quality.
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (preferred) in Entomology, Public Health, or Environmental Health, and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience. Significant experience directly in vector control, IRS Operations, and the regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
6. Monitoring & Evaluation Manager – Establishes and implements rigorous assessment systems to demonstrate the results of project interventions. Ensures that project monitoring is consistent with donor supported and national malaria program indicators.
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Public or Community Health, Environmental Health, Statistics, or other relevant field and 4+ years of program monitoring, evaluation and research experience, preferably with USAID-funded projects. Previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable. Strong analytical and database management skills, and knowledge of advanced statistical software are required.
7. Procurement & Administrative Officer — Manages local procurements, customs clearance procedures, and inventory control functions of the project, maintaining strict compliance with US-government policies and procedures. Forecasting for future procurements. Provides a wide range of administrative and logistical support for project office operations.
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, or Administration and 2+ years of professional experience in procurement and program administrative support. Experience at USAID-funded programs and a thorough knowledge of FARs and AIDARs are required.
8. Logistics Coordinator — Manages the logistics and warehousing functions of the project. Directs the transportation, s
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Business, Logistics, Management, or Administration and 2+ years of professional experience in program logistics. Experience at USAID-funded programs and a thorough knowledge of environmental safety and compliance regulations. Experience in warehouse management.
9. District Coordinator — Provides programmatic and management oversight and direction for the project’s spraying activities in an assigned geographic area, including campaign planning, training, operational oversight, and reporting. Performs community mobilization, outreach and public communications initiatives.
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Public or Community Health, Environmental Health, Entomology, or other relevant field and 2+ years of experience in vector control and IRS. In-depth knowledge of regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
10. IT Specialist — Establishes, manages and maintains the project’s computer network at all operational locations.
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Programming and 4+ years of professional experience in IT network administration and server management in a Windows NT environment.
11. Database Manager —Supports the monitoring & evaluation system of the program. Collects, analyzes, and presents program performance data. Tests and maintains the project’s M&E database. Prepares monitoring plans and defines program indicators.
Qualification Requirements: Secondary School completion (minimum) or a Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Community Health, Sociology, or other relevant field, and 3+ years of professional database management experience. High level of computer literacy and proficiency in statistical software.
12. Insectary & Animal House Technician — Operates the insectary and animal house supervised by the Project in Kigali. Cares for the mosquito colony and lab animals maintained in the facility. Ensures that required supplies and equipment are in stock and organized. Enters activity records into the laboratory log books.
Qualification Requirements: Secondary School completion (minimum) or a Diploma/Degree in Laboratory, Biochemistry, Veterinary Health or other relevant field, and at least 1 year of laboratory or veterinary work. Basic computer skills.
13. Accountant — Performs, records, and reports on all financial transactions of the project. Processes payroll, maintains account books, and performs bank reconciliations and financial projections. Qualification Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or Business, and 2+ years of professional accounting experience in an international development environment. Experience with USAID-funded projects highly preferred.
14. Driver — Operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the program. Follows schedule of routine vehicle maintenance. Keeps detailed records of vehicle movements and maintenance performed. Supports the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
Qualification Requirements: Secondary School (desirable), a valid driver’s license, and at least 1 year of commercial driving experience, automotive mechanics expertise.