Hari akazi karimo gupiganirwa hirya no hino mu gihugu, sangiza iyi nkuru inshuti n’abavandimwe
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 1
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 2
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 3
Position Title: Program Assistant
Basic Salary and Allowances per Year: 9,762,288 to 15,630,402 FRW (FSN-7, Steps 1-14)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
USAID/Rwanda is seeking an Ordinarily Resident citizen or individual with the required work permit for employment as Program Assistant.
USAID/Rwanda offers an Equal Employment Opportunity (regardless of age, sex, race, handicaps, national origin, etc).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Job holder serves as Program Assistant in USAID/Rwanda’s Economic Growth Office. The incumbent provides administrative support to the EG Office Director and all other office members. The incumbent serves as principal assistant to the Development Objective 1 (DO1) / Economic Growth (EG) Office and assists the EG Office Director and team members in all aspects of administrative and program support to ensure effective office operations and activity implementation. Assists the EG Office in monitoring, activity design and implementation, and record keeping. S/he also provides project management and implementation support for any program/project activities. S/he is the Economic Growth Office expert in GLAAS and tracks EG funded acquisition and assistance requests, audits, evaluations, and reports. Responsible for the tracking of the program budget, procurement actions, and financial plan for the EG office. The incumbent reports to the EG Office Director, but provides advice and oversight on budget issues to COR/AORs within the EG Office.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available at the USAID/ Rwanda Website: http://www.usaid.gov/rwanda/partnership-opportunities
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
Prior Work Experience:A minimum of three years of work experience in an international development assistance environment is required.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) English and Kinyarwanda fluency are required.
Knowledge:Must have strong working knowledge of USAID or similar development organization policies and procedures. Knowledge of policies and programs in agricultural and rural economic development. Knowledge of USAID or similar donor organization project development, design, management, performance monitoring and reporting, and procurement policies and procedures required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven, demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to work calmly, tactfully and effectively under tight deadlines and heavy workload within agreed upon parameters with minimal supervision or guidance and while exercising sound judgment is required.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and budgetary skills are required. Ability to conceptualize and present information in the most effective, easy-to-understand manner.
• Must have proven ability to communicate quickly, clearly and concisely – both orally and in writing
in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to resolve budget, activity implementation, and administrative issues with implementing partners and team members.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to achieve consensus on budget, program and administrative matters is a must.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) are required to analyze, monitor, and present information, including constructing comprehensive and easy-to-follow budget tables.
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. If the selected applicant does not fill all the position requirements, he/she may be started at training level.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position must submit all of the following or their applications won’t be considered:
1. Application for employment as locally employed staff or family member form (DS-174) which is provided at the link: http://transition.usaid.gov/rw/our_work/opportunities/jobs.html
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as in the DS-174;
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, and copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
Human Resources Office,
Tel: 0252-596400, Ext. # 2605
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: February 13, 2015 at 12:00 pm (Kigali time).
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 4
*The Government of Rwanda has received grant from the International Development for Agriculture Development (IFAD) towards the cost of the Single Project Implementation Unit on Land Husbandry, Watershed Management & Value Chain Development (SPIU on LHWM & VCD).
The Single Project Implementation Unit on Land Husbandry, Watershed Management & Value Chain Development working under the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experience candidate to fulfill the position of Access to Finance Specialist for Post-Harvest and Agribusiness Support Project (PASP):
POSITION: ACCESS TO FINANCE SPECIALIST (based on SPIU)
In the framework of the PASP management, the SPIU financial services expert will be mandated for part time intervention on the implementation of the PASP rural finance activities.
Duration: Rural finance activities are planned over the 5 years period. The financial services expert‘s working time is estimated per year according to the phasing and consistency/importance of activities to be implemented. It is estimated to be 90 persons/days for the first 2 years and will be reduced gradually to 70, 50 and 40 persons/days on the last 3 years.
The project phasing foresees:
(1)First 2 years: identification and selection of participating financial institutions, feasibility survey for new products to meet with HUBs specific financial services needs, starting of pilot experience for new products, capacity building activities for selected SACCOs, and training to trainers; partnership with BDF, institutional support to AMIR.
(2) Third year: SACCO Apex institutionalization process, evaluation of pilot experiences of financial products newly developed, continuing of capacity building activities, enhancement of management information systems.
(3) Last 2 years: eventual scaling-up of proven financial products, rating of participating IF, capacity building. P.O Box 621, Kigali Tel: +250 584644 Fax : +250 585057 Website:minagri.gov.rw
• Master‘s degree in Banking, Finance, Business Administration and Economy with at least an experience of 3 years in banking, microfinance sector or in a financial services project or Bachelor’s degree with experience of 5 years in banking/microfinance sector or in financial services project; experience in project management, value chain development, and business oriented approach for rural economic development;
• Proven experience working with the private finance sector, especially in loan analysis and loan access.
• Proven experience working with cooperatives and SMEs.
• Proven experience working with an international organization.
• Detailed knowledge of rural finance and banking system in the Rwanda context.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong coordination, networking and relationship building skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Organised, punctual and detail oriented.
• Fluent in English or French (reading, writing and speaking) with very good knowledge of the second language (French or English). Fluent in Kinyarwanda.
• Ability to work in team setting, taking initiatives and performing multiple tasks.
• Proficient in use of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Able to travel to project sites.
Location: In Kigali with frequent travels inside the project area.
Main duties: Under the supervision and authority of the SPIU manager, she/he will:
• Prepare the Annual Work plan and Budget (AWPB) for the rural finance activities;
• Negotiate agreements with the participating institutions and partners;
• Conduct required workshops and seminars with other stakeholders in agriculture financing.
• Assist farmers and cooperatives in elaboration of business plans.
• Follow up the implementation of financed business plans.
• Supervise and monitor service providers hired to implement capacity building activities, and provide quality assessment of their assignment;
• Monitor the indicators of participating financial institutions related to volume of activities, portfolio quality and overall performance. This includes the outreach assessment to ensure HUB’s mainstreaming, (ii) No of HUBs in portfolio and financed; (iii) volume of credit and saving activities; (iv) penetration rate; (v) repayment, portfolio at risk and arrears rates; (vi) operational self-sufficiency;
• Prepare progress reports on the project rural finance activities and participate in supervision missions.
P.O Box 621, Kigali Tel: +250 584644 Fax : +250 585057 Website:minagri.gov.rw
• Draw up a monthly, Quarter and annually report to the Program/Contract Manager Post Harvest & Agribusiness
• Do other duties as assigned to him/her by his/her superior
Interested candidates must submit their updated and detailed Curriculum Vitae, relevant certificates, required Diploma, a copy of National Identity card and a motivation letter stating the position you are applying for in the subject.
All application letters must be addressed to the SPIU Coordinator PO.Box:7418 Kigali;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and be submitted in hard copies at the Office of Secretary of SPIU/KWAMP-PRICE-PASP not later than Friday 20th at 15h:00 pm local time.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 5
Africa Humanitarian Action (AHA) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organisation providing effective humanitarian assistance to alleviate human suffering. Africa Humanitarian Action has been operating building on the strength of African people to solve African problems for the past two decades. AHA is an implementing partner of Government of Rwanda (MIDIMAR) & UNHCR and provides health, nutrition and HIV/AIDS services to refugees residing in Kiziba, Kigeme and Mugombwa refugee camps, urban refugees in Kigali and two Transit Centres (Nyagatare & Nkamira). AHA currently wants to employ qualified and motivated personnel for the following positions:
Starting date: February 2015
Period: One year renewable
Required: Rwandan Nationality
For all posts, working experience with NGOs interacting with refugees or displaced population is an added value. Interested candidates have to submit, their C.V together with a letter of application, copy of national ID, copy of certified documents with three references addressed to AHA Country Representative to the following address email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can also deposit a hard copy of their applications to one of the following AHA offices: Country Office located at Kagugu, AHA Urban office at Kimihurura, AHA Kibuye office at Karongi, AHA Kigeme office at Nyamagabe and AHA Mugombwa office at Huye Office not later than COB 011 February 2015.
For further information applicants can call on: 0788487858, or 0728487858.